Dan inspired me to empty out the drafts folder of Playful Void so I can start fresh in the new year. Here goes: All the things I worked on this year and never finished!
- Comparing contemporaneous versions of D&D
- Solving the problem of disruptive skill systems in high level and domain play
- Planning a procedure for a collaborative Gygax ‘75
- Finishing my ambitious Curse of Strahd by-memory demi-plane (I wrote five or so posts though, if you want a taste)
- Designing a danger flower to replace the hazard dice
- Randomising monster types and traits for interesting encounters
- A Fallout B/X hack
- Gaoltown again
- NPC microadvice inspired by The Laws of Fantasy Economics
- Making alignment languages make sense from a worldbuilding perspective using parasites
- Independently evolving domains
- The City of Snowick Bush
- Animal Crossing in Into the Odd
If you’re interested in my finishing any of these, or if you’re interested in any of these you can be inspired yourself!
There are a few I’d like to finish, though. I’m not sure I will, though, but it’s more likely I’ll be able to attend to them after the purge.
- Intentional Reviews for Mausritter, Spire and Trophy Gold
- A more intuitive version of Welsh-Piper involving a drop method
- Part 3 of my Western series
- Using public evolving maps as replacements for rumour tables
Bit now I’ll delete all of the purged posts from my drafts folder and start fresh this year!
19th January 2023